Posted Jan 07, 2021, 07:04AM EST
For families that are looking to get outside and enjoy some time on the ice, the city of Toronto has made outdoor skating available to those who reserve spaces. There is a 25-person limit for outdoor ice rinks, and while reservations are encouraged, a small number of spots will be available for participants who are not able to make a reservation online.
TORONTO SKATING TIPS:
- Skaters should plan ahead as reservations are encouraged and capacity is limited to 25 people per ice pad at all times.
- Reservations for 45-minute skating sessions can be made online at toronto.ca/skate, although a limited number of spots will be available for people who are not able to make a reservation online.
- To reserve a skating session, people need client and family PIN numbers. These numbers can be requested by calling 416-396-7378. Call centre hours have been expanded to 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 3 pm.
- It is important for people to check their rink’s open/closed status before heading out. This information is updated with weather-related or other service disruptions and is available on toronto.ca/skate.
- A complete listing of ice rink locations and skate session availability can be found at toronto.ca/skate. The webpage includes:
- A mapping function as well as a listing of rinks
- The ability to search by location or address
- The ability to filter by skating trail or skate rentals
- The ability to reserve directly from a location in the listing